Hey there FTC!
This is Michelle Long; I’m the Scholarship Program Manager at FIRST Head Quarters. Timm and Ken asked me to guest blog this week to give you some tips and pointers on the FIRST Scholarship Program!
To get started, ingrain this website in your head: www.usfirst.org/scholarships
www.usfirst.org/scholarships has all of the information you’ll need to get headed in the right direction, what FIRST Scholarships are available and how to apply.
Got it? J
The webpage might look intimidating, but I promise you can do it! You can sort and filter by things like Program, Location, and Application Deadlines.
(Ctrl +F is also REALLY handy if you know what schools you’re interested in and want to search directly for them!)
Once you’ve located a scholarship that looks appealing to you, you can do one or more of the following:
· Click on the scholarship name to go to the provider’s website to learn more
· Click on ‘More Details’ if available to view the Scholarship Description
· Click on ‘View Application’ to fill out the application!
It’s that easy!
Just remember the following information and you’re all set:
· There is no limit to the number of FIRST Scholarships that you can apply for
· FIRST Scholarships Provided by specific schools are usable ONLY at those schools
o If you apply for and receive one of these scholarships, you only receive the funds if you decide to attend this school
· Each School, Corporation, and Association sets their own requirements, guidelines, and deadlines. They usually denote a staff-person available if you have questions- don’t hesitate to call!
I’m always happy to help with any questions you have, you can reach me at the information below:
FIRST Scholarship Program Manager
Phone: 603-666-3906 ext 451
If you DO call, make sure to leave your name and email address- email is the best way for me to get you any information you need